Doing our part to remove confusion, stress and anxiety from tree care
The topics of permitting and regulations are a common source of stress and anxiety for customers considering tree removal or major pruning. At Beswick, we do our best to educate and empower current and future customers when they begin their tree care journey. Depending on where you are located, there are permitting regulations that you need to be aware of.
Be sure to visit our Navigating the Permitting Process page for further details on what to look for in the permitting process, whether or not you will need a permit for your tree work, the cost of obtaining a permit and the relevant by-laws you need to consider before beginning your tree care journey.
Burlington Tree Permitting Process Definitions
- “Heritage Tree” can mean different things, but in the City of Burlington, specifically, it means trees that are designated as heritage trees under the Ontario Heritage Act or trees that are recognized as heritage trees by Forests Ontario and the Ontario Urban Forest Council.
- “dead” means no living tissue in the tree, including no live buds or leaves; often small branches are brittle and bark will begin to fall off.
- “high-risk tree” means a tree that has become structurally weakened to the point where, there is a high risk for the tree to break or fall down (either the entire tree or parts of the tree) but the tree will not likely break or fall down immediately. This is a review done by a qualified tree professional, like Beswick Tree Service.
- “terminal condition” means a tree that is in decline or dying that is both advanced and irreversible due to a non-living factor (such as mechanical damage or fire) or living factors (such as a pest or disease) that causes the majority of the tree canopy to decline and/or die.
- “endangered tree species” means any trees and tree habitat of species listed as Endangered or Threated in Ontario. See Schedule 3 of the Ontario Endangered Species Act for such species.
What Can I Do to Promote Healthy Growth in My Trees?
Practical tips for ensuring your trees grow tall, healthy and vibrant!Learn More
What Should I Do If My Tree Is Leaning or Appears Unstable?
If your tree is leaning or appears unstable, it's important to address the situation promptly to ensure the safety of people and property.Learn More
How Much Does It Cost to Remove a Tree?
Providing an exact answer to a question that seems as simple as “how much does it cost to remove a tree?” is challenging.Learn More
The guys arrived on time and finished the tall cedar trimming as requested. They did a great job cleaning up the site including trimmings on my neighbours lawn. It was the best quote and we are very happy with the service and would definitely go to them again. Thank you.
—Anne and Bob Moggach
I've used this company several times over the years to great success for trimming and tree removals. There was a small mishap once and they promptly and fairly addressed the issue. Nothing but good things to say about this company. Highly recommended.
The service crew were very professional from the moment they introduced themselves, they did a terrific job and left my place looking clean & tidy. I would certainly recommend Beswick to anyone and will keep you in top consideration if I ever need more work done at my home.
Excellent communication. Great crew. Job done exactly as we requested. Would highly recommend this company!
Professional work and well executed. We are very satisfied customers! We highly recommend Beswick Tree Service.
Great professional service. Great price and job well done. The staff was efficient and quick and cleaned up after they were done. I will book them again for more work. I recommend Beswick Tree Service.
From start to finish, this company was a delight to deal with. I don’t have a single complaint and I highly recommend Beswick Tree Service!
We have used Beswick for many projects at our home and highly recommend them. They are friendly, conscientious, efficient and always leave the job site in good order. They are very knowledgeable as well and we know we will receive excellent service.
The arborist (Nicole) and the team (lead by Steve) were very knowledgeable and pleasure to work with. They tackled a large project on a Silver Maple. They took precautions to protect the lawn as they brought in a 60 foot boom and a crane to remove the massive logs. The drops were well controlled. The use of a chipper made quick work of the brush. Excellent pricing. I would use them again.
Verified Google Reviews | See all Reviews
Get in Touch!
We serve homes and businesses located in Hamilton, Stoney Creek, Ancaster, Dundas, Burlington, Waterdown, Brantford, and Brant County. Call us today for a free on-site assessment by one of our ISA-certified arborists!