Expert pruning services will help to preserve your tree's health, structural integrity and aesthetic appearance
Regular seasonal pruning also reduces the risk of falling tree limbs during severe weather.
When is the best time to prune my tree?
We work year-round! Winter to early spring is an ideal time to perform tree pruning, for a few reasons:
- Pruning activities are less likely to stress the tree given it is in dormancy and most of its nutrients are held in the roots and wood.
- A leafless tree makes it easier for our ISA-certified arborists to spot defects (fungus, cracks and splits).
- It reduces the risk of disease transmission because insects and disease pathogens are less active in winter months compared to moist and humid summer months.
- Its safer for us given we’ll have clear access to the tree to perform pruning.
Read more about our thoughts on seasonal pruning, what trees are best trimmed in what season, and more!
What are the benefits of tree pruning?
- Improved Air Circulation - Thinning your tree's canopy through pruning enhances air circulation. This is important for reducing the risk of fungal diseases and promoting the overall well-being of the tree.
- Increased Safety - Trimming removes dead, weak or overhanging branches that could pose a safety risk to people, pets, property and other plants.
- Prevent Spread of Diseases - Regular pruning allows for the early detection and removal of diseased or infected branches. This helps prevent the further spread of diseases to the rest of the tree and reduces the likelihood of pest infestations. If you think your tree is suffering from pests or diseases, be sure to give us a call and read more for practical steps to prevent further spread.
- Aesthetic Appeal - Properly trimmed trees contribute to a well-maintained and aesthetically pleasing landscape. Trimming can enhance the shape and appearance of the tree, improving the overall visual appearance of your property. Trees can increase a property's value by up to 20%.
- Restoration Pruning - Trees can become damaged after storms, improper previous pruning or development issues. This method focuses on selectively removing or reducing specific branches to restore the tree's natural form and function. Restoration pruning is beneficial for trees that have experienced stress, damage, or structural issues and need intervention to promote their long-term health.
What types of tree pruning do you provide?
Here are some common types and respective objectives of different types of pruning:
- Canopy Lift - This is the practice of pruning the lower branches of a tree to allow more light into a building or to the grass below. It might also be to allow car traffic to pass more easily.
- Canopy Thinning - Canopy thinning is the practice of removing some inner branches to let more light and air flow to the centre of the tree. This reduces the risk of fungal and disease and reduces wind resistance, lessening the risk of a tree developing a lean or falling over.
- Canopy Reduction - This refers to the removal of 3rd and 4th order branches to reduce the overall size of the tree.
How much does tree pruning cost?
Trust us, we would LOVE to be able to answer this question in detail online and give you an estimate that we could stand behind. The reality is, quoting a tree trimming job is no small task. Our ISA-certified arborists need to see the tree and job site in person, understand access points and see the full scope of the work in question. Be sure to read more about how we think about pricing and what goes into the estimate of a tree pruning job.
Do I need a permit to trim my tree?
The answer is, "it depends." It depends on whether the tree is on city or private property, and of course, where you live. To help put you at ease and educate you further, we've written extensively about Navigating the Permitting Process.
I'd like to proceed with a tree pruning with Beswick - what should I do to prepare for your visit?
We've created an FAQ guide for working with us to help you prepare for a visit from our tree care professionals. Be sure to give it a read and put your mind at ease ahead of your tree work.
Great professional service. Great price and job well done. The staff was efficient and quick and cleaned up after they were done. I will book them again for more work. I recommend Beswick Tree Service.
We have used Beswick for many projects at our home and highly recommend them. They are friendly, conscientious, efficient and always leave the job site in good order. They are very knowledgeable as well and we know we will receive excellent service.
From start to finish, this company was a delight to deal with. I don’t have a single complaint and I highly recommend Beswick Tree Service!
The arborist (Nicole) and the team (lead by Steve) were very knowledgeable and pleasure to work with. They tackled a large project on a Silver Maple. They took precautions to protect the lawn as they brought in a 60 foot boom and a crane to remove the massive logs. The drops were well controlled. The use of a chipper made quick work of the brush. Excellent pricing. I would use them again.
Excellent communication. Great crew. Job done exactly as we requested. Would highly recommend this company!
Professional work and well executed. We are very satisfied customers! We highly recommend Beswick Tree Service.
The service crew were very professional from the moment they introduced themselves, they did a terrific job and left my place looking clean & tidy. I would certainly recommend Beswick to anyone and will keep you in top consideration if I ever need more work done at my home.
I've used this company several times over the years to great success for trimming and tree removals. There was a small mishap once and they promptly and fairly addressed the issue. Nothing but good things to say about this company. Highly recommended.
The guys arrived on time and finished the tall cedar trimming as requested. They did a great job cleaning up the site including trimmings on my neighbours lawn. It was the best quote and we are very happy with the service and would definitely go to them again. Thank you.
—Anne and Bob Moggach
Verified Google Reviews | See all Reviews
Get in Touch!
We serve homes and businesses located in Hamilton, Stoney Creek, Ancaster, Dundas, Burlington, Waterdown, Brantford, and Brant County. Call us today for a free on-site assessment by one of our ISA-certified arborists!